Since first published twenty-five years ago, True Stories has provided entertaining stories and effective reading-skill instruction to English language learners throughout the world, helping them build language skills through a carefully paced, step-by-step process.
The Silver Edition continues to provide stories whose universal appeal ensures a pleasurable reading experience and motivates students toward reading fluency.
● New to this edition
- New and updated stories maintain the high interest of the series and capture students’ imaginations.
- A colorful new design makes the readings inviting and enhance students’ understanding and enjoyment of the stories.
- A uniform unit structure runs across all six books* in the edition, making it easy for students to move seamlessly from one level to the next.
- Audio recordings of every reading. Every story in the series has been recorded and made available online for students or teachers to download.
- Digital Resources including:
- audio recordings of every reading
- teaching tips
- answer keys
- additional practice activities
● Other highlights
- Pre-reading activities introduce the units visually to ease students into the readings.
- Pre- and post-reading exercises develop vocabulary, reading, listening, writing, and speaking skills.
- A structured discussion activity at the end of each unit prompts students to share their own .
- Interactive activities for pair and group work are ideal for multilevel classes.
- Mapped to the Global Scale of English